National Organizations for Support, Information and Research Updates
- American Diabetes Association: 800-342-2383
- American Foundation for the Blind: 212-502-7633
- American Macular Degeneration Foundation: 888-622-8527
- American Printing House for the Blind: 800-223-1839
- Association for Macular Diseases/Ophthalmic Edge
- Glaucoma Research Foundation: 800-826-6693
- Hadley School for the Blind online courses: 800-323-4238
- Macular Degeneration Foundation 888-633-3937
- Macular Degeneration Partnership, 888-430-9898
- Macular Degeneration Association, 855-962-2852
- MD Support, list of support groups: 888-866-6148
- National Eye Health Education Program, English and Spanish
- National Federation of the Blind: 410-659-9314 (toll call)
- National Institutes of Health database of privately and publicly funded clinical trials around the world
- Vision AwareTM
The Hadley School for the Blind: Their mission is to promote independent living through lifelong, distance education programs for people who are blind or visually impaired, their families and blindness service providers.
Perkins School for the Blind: Perkins School for the Blind has a website where educators, families, and students can share information about technology for students with visual impairments and blindness.
National Library Service for the Blind and Print Disabled
1291 Taylor St. NW
Washington, DC 20542
Fax: (202) 707-0712
Web site: www.loc.gov/nls/
Loans braille and recorded books/magazines, book players, catalogs, bibliographies, music scores and music instruction materials free by mail via a national network of libraries. Call them for the number for your region. NLS also provides reference services on blindness-related topics.
Verizon Mobile Assistive Technologies for Those with Low Vision or Blindness.